LHS Families, we appreciate appreciate your patience, understanding, comments, and concerns over the recent cancellation of conditioning at LHS. While we did NOT have a positive COVID-19 case among LHS summer conditioning participants or coaching staff, both LHS and FSHS paused their summer programs to reiterate guidelines, safety measures, and expectations of student-athletes involved in our programs. The health and safety of our student-athletes and staff is important.
Please see a letter from Dr. Lewis, Superintendent of LPS, and the LPS COVID-19 Flow Chart I have just received. I have also included a copy of the LHS Summer Conditioning Registration form which includes the release form that parents signed. I wanted to get the information to you as soon as I could.
In order to protect the health and safety of all participants, student-athletes and staff must be completely honest with symptom reporting, appropriate following through, and answering the COVID-19 screening questions prior to participation each day. Failure to do so can affect our ability to continue the Summer Conditioning Program. Anyone feeling sick should stay home and contact their healthcare provider.
- Anyone who has experienced any of the signs or symptoms of COVID-19 within the previous 14-days should not attend workout activities unless they receive a negative COVID-19 test. If this applies please communicate this information to summer conditioning staff or the student-athlete’s head coach.
- Anyone who has had contact with a person who has tested positive for the Coronavirus should not participate in any workout activities for 14-days from the time of exposure unless they themselves have tested negative (after the initial exposure). If this applies please communicate this information to summer conditioning staff or the student-athlete’s head coach.
- Anyone diagnosed with COVID-19 will not be allowed to participate without a written release from their healthcare provider.
- It is imperative that we maintain appropriate social distancing as directed by the state of Kansas and the Douglas County Health Department. In an effort to assist, we are asking that student-athletes not carpool with anyone outside of their immediate family.
- If you travel outside of Kansas at any time this Summer (or did so within the last 14-days), please make sure you reference the Kansas Department of Health and Environment’s list of states that require a mandatory travel-related quarantine.
Again, THANK YOU for your understanding this week. I am off for the summer, and will have limited access to email. I will return to LHS August 3rd when the Athletic Office reopens. Our Administration is still hard at work hiring a new Athletic Director.
Should you need to contact our administration immediately, you may contact our main office M-R 8:00-4:00pm and our main office staff will get you in touch with an administrator. Keep submitting your required forms on www.registermyathlete.com (RMA)! I will periodically log in and review paperwork that has been submitted. I look forward to seeing everyone in August!!
Emily Cates, LHS Athletic Secretary